FROM THE HANDWRITINGS TO THE PRINTED VERSION OF THE COMPILATED EDITING OF “ISTORIYA SLAVYANOBULGARSKA”
MetadataShow full item record
The compilated editing of “Istoriya Slavyanobulgarska” dates back to 1825 in Rila’s monastery and it saw its widest distribution and rise to popularity due to the large number of rewrites and remakes in the time of the Bulgarian National Revival. From the writing by Paisii Rilski to the printed version by Christaki Pavlovich in 1844 the composition has gone through changes in structure, content, language and style due to the political and mental reversal that occured in society. The directions and stages of these changes, on the basis of the handwritten remake by Priest Yoan (also known as Priest John) from 1830, “The first remake of Stara Zagora” from 1837, “Ahtarovi’tsarstvenik” from 1844 and the printed “Tsarstvenik” by Christaki Pavlovich from 1844, have been pointed in the study.
The following license files are associated with this item: